Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Yellow Scrunchie Romper

This outfit was probably the easiest and quickest I've ever made. Seriously, it took me a couple hours to make after the kids went to bed. I was originally going for a lace romper, but it didn't work out.  The lace didn't stretch with the fabric plus I didn't have enough lace.  I'm sure I'll find something else cute to make with the yellow lace! Too bad I cut it up into strips.  Oh well.

Anyway, I shamelessly copied the outfit from a petti romper I bought Elisa from Etsy.  I used swimsuit fabric, so I didn't have to worry about finishing any edges, but people seem to think it is a swimsuit.   The best thing about this romper is that it is made out of one piece (not counting the ruffles and shoulder straps).  Yep, one piece! I just took her measurements, cut out a big rectangle, cut a slit for the legs, sewed on the gathered strips of ruffle and then sewed it all together! Easy, easy, easy.  The fabric is $15 a yard at Joannes, but since I only needed 1/3 of a yard and I had a coupon this outfit cost me a grand total of $5 to make.

I just love this outfit on Elisa; she looks like a little ray of sunshine! I am happy that I have a hair clip that matches just perfect!







No comments:

Post a Comment