Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Red Skirt Onesie and Burnt Tulle Hairband

Elisa doesn't have very much red in her wardrobe.  Lots of pink, though! So I bought some red flowy fabric (the kind that is sold on a spool) on a whim and sewed it on to a onesie.  It looked cute for a little while until it started to fall apart. Not my fault though---the fabric was pre-sewn onto a ribbon and that's what came undone.  Also I should have added some elastic or something because the ribbon didn't stretch with the onesie, so it was a struggle sometimes to get it on her! I also glue-gunned some beads and gems on the collar.  Not a good idea, half of them have fallen off already and plus they tend to end up lost in all of Elisa's neck chub so you can't see them most of the time anyway.  Oh well.  I didn't take a picture, but the back is a mess thanks to the fabric coming off the ribbon and me trying to repair it. At least she got a few wears out of it:

I also made a hair band to go with it using the burnt flower technique.  I really like the way it turned out.  I did the band in a red-neck fashion--I colored some thin elastic red with a permanent marker, ha.  They don't sell colored elastic, at least not that I could find.  It would have worked just perfectly if the marker wouldn't rub off on to her skin and leave red marks that look like owies!  But I think it looks pretty darn cute, regardless:    

No comments:

Post a Comment