Saturday, February 3, 2018

Blue and White Striped Dress

Here is a sweet dress I made for girlie a couple months ago.  I used the Pixie pattern from Violette Field Threads.  I originally wasn't so sure about the Pixie pattern as it can look plain and boxy if not designed right.  After seeing some really well-done versions of this dress on the VFT pattern group, all it took was a sale on the Pixie pattern and I snatched it up!
I bought this fabric at Hobby Lobby on clearance, so I only paid $6 whoot whoot.  Okay, maybe $7 if you add in the lace and thread.  Still a steal of a dress.  It was a pretty easy and quick sew.  My only gripe on this pattern is that the key hole opening--while making for a quick sew--does not allow much room for girlie to easily pull on and off.  I have to have her lift up both arms and slip it on and off over her head.  Otherwise, I just love this dress.  Here she is modeling her new Pixie dress.  I also made her a matching hair bow:

1 comment:

  1. I like the stripes going vertical, horizontal, and then diagonal on the sleeves. The lace adds to it, breaking up the stripes, also.

    ReplyDelete