Friday, October 6, 2017

The Peppermind Swirl Dress--Christmas Dress #1

 I've had my eye on the Candy Castle's Peppermint Swirl Dress for a loooong time.  It finally went on sale and I snatched it up! I realize it's been almost a year ago that I made this dress, but better late than never!
Oh, how I love the flounces on the skirt.  I'm not a huge fan of the bodice though.  But the twirl-fullness of the skirt! Ahhhh! This skirt pattern has my heart! It took a lot of fabric, and there was a LOT of sewing and serging (not much pinning, thankfully), but it was so worth it.  I used broadcloth for the stripes. I know some people complain about broadcloth, but I loved using it for this pattern.  Broadcloth is light (so it didn't weigh the flounces down), it doesn't wrinkle much, and it comes in a nice variety of colors. I plan on making girlie a rainbow dress (using a bodice pattern from VFT though).  I've got a couple pieces cut out but I haven't really started yet. Here is her dress for Christmas '16.  It was a big hit!

Hmm...yep I messed up the back of the bodice somehow. And I don't like how teeny tiny the flutter sleeves are. 


1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous whirly gig dress! Beautiful print with the stripes and candy cane has the appearance of a fancy Christmas dress! I love this one, and she is adorable it it!

    ReplyDelete