Monday, October 23, 2017

Swimsuit

 I made my first swimsuit! Usually I just buy girlie's swimsuits since I don't want to deal with buying expensive dancewear material and buying yet another pattern.  But since I had about a 1/2 yard each of silver and blue shiny, stretchy material that was thrifted (so practically free) AND I had a free swimsuit pattern from this site, I thought I'd give it a go. I didn't have enough in the length to make a one-piece like the pattern asked for, so I made it a two-piece instead.  The top turned out great, but I had to add a little section on the bottoms so it would fit over her booty.  I guess I didn't cut them high enough in the back, whoops.  I lined the entire swimsuit with some cheap-o knit fabric from Walmart. The swimsuit came together easier than expected.  Except my double needle fought with me the entire time, as usual.  I need to look into getting a different double needle, one intended for knits. 
I bought a mermaid tail pattern for $1 at Hobby Lobby and made her a tail out of it.  It was pretty quick and easy sew and Elisa loves it!
I actually bought a swimsuit pattern from VFT over the summer.  I wouldn't bother making a  swimsuit if it weren't for the fact that Elisa has a very, very looooong torso (aka girth).  Like, its two sizes longer than most girls her age.  But she's still skinny, or at least normal otherwise.  So it's really really hard to find her a one-piece that fits her properly.  It either hangs off her shoulders or its giving her a wedgie.  So I figured I could make her one that fits if I get around to it.  Otherwise, she just wears two-pieces like this:

1 comment:

  1. I like the blue ruffles, and the mermaid tail is so cute!

    ReplyDelete