Friday, October 6, 2017

Floral Knit Dress

Another adorable dress That I made back in April.  I purchased this knit floral fabric at Hobby Lobby.  I bought a yard's worth and I was just barely able to squeeze out this dress.  I wish it were just a couple inches longer, but she wears it with capri pants so it is more of a tunic.
I don't work with knits all that often, so I am pleased with how this dress turned out. It was my first time using stay tape (i.e. clear elastic).  It added a few minutes to the project, but I like that I don't have to worry about the dress stretching out of shape, and I think it made the dress easier (as in the knit was more stable) to work with. 
I did make and oopsies--but it turned out to be an oopsies for the better!  I meant to do the burrito roll method to encase the seams of the bodice, but instead I did it the regular way, and it was then when I went to turn the bodice right side out that I realized my mistake--I pretty much sewed the bodice closed so that I couldn't turn it ride side out! So I had to make a slit right down the middle of the back.  I then proceeded to make a corset closure instead! It took a little extra time but it sure makes the back of the dress adorable!  I used lace from Walmart for the trim and the corset tie. 
Girlie prefers knit fabric over woven, so she never complains when she puts this dress on. And how could she? This dress is so sweet and pretty, just like her! 




1 comment:

  1. The pink flowers on white background is beautiful, and I love the back laced up design!

    ReplyDelete