Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Initial Shirt and Matching leggings

One last post before the year is over!  I still have plenty of of things to post, but the problem is that I haven't taken very many pictures to post!  And the pictures I do have are crappy iPod pictures.  Here is one outfit I made for Elisa a couple months ago.  It was among the easiest a cheapest outfits I've made for her.  And she loves it because it has "her E" on it. I found this fabric on clearance at walmart for less than $2/yard.  And I didn't even need that much fabric.  The shirt I bought at walmart too, for about $4.  So, about $6 for a complete outfit.  I even made her a hair scrunchie to match, and I still have fabric left over.  The floral print is still in style and I love that its really soft and stretchy (you can't tell from the picture though).
Leggings are really easy to make; I used the Violette Field Threads pattern.  The E was super easy too--I printed out an E on the computer.  I ironed some fabric to some heat 'n bond (best stuff ever, I don't know why I haven't been using it previously) and then pinned the E on to the fabric/paper.  I cut it out using an x-acto knife.  Then I just pinned it on to the shirt (using some very stiff interfacing for the back so the fabric didn't stretch out of place) and used an embroidery stitch function on my machine (not sure what its called--it looks kinda like triangles with a straight stitch on one side) to sew it on to the shirt.  So super easy.
 I don't think I have a picture of her wearing this, even though she has several times.  You'll have to take my word for it though, she looks adorable, as usual!