This is definitely one of Elisa's more daring dresses I've made! It took some adjustments and re-adjustments until I decided it was good enough. I found this neon fabric at Joanns and thought it super fun and unique! I thought black would be very striking paired with the neon colors. I had no solid plans before starting on this project...it just came to be!
I really love how the skirt turned out. For the first round, however, I didn't care for the top. You can't see too well in the photos, but it was just a mess. I like the idea I had of the ruffles wrapping around the top diagonally, but--thanks to poor planning--the execution was bad. It it didn't ruffle enough around her right shoulder so it laid funny. Also I didn't have enough fabric leftover to make bias tape so I just cut strips on the straight grain. I knew better, but I didn't have much choice. And of course it sat weird and didn't contour with the curves like bias tape would.