I know the pink and zebra is soooo last year and that's probably why the fabric was 50% off at Hobby Lobby, but I couldn't resist it's shiny softness--and the cheap price! I paid less than $5 for all the fabric.
Elisa was in desperate need of a winter outfit (it all of the sudden decided to be winter here--85 degrees last week and 50 degrees this week-geeeeeze), so I decided to make her one. The top was originally supposed to be all pink with the black zebra for just the skirt, but when I tried the top on Elisa, it wouldn't fit over her head! Oops! Well, that oops turned out to be for the best. I split the top down the middle and made a little faux-shrug instead. The zebra print fabric is sewn on to the pink shrug, so that it looks like two peices but it's really one.
It is always challenging--and not to mention annoying--to work around a mistake, but in this case I'm glad I made that mistake! I think it turned out super cute and almost no flaws now that it's done! Usually there is always something about a project that bugs me or a wish I would have done better, but this one I like. Oh---there was one other thing--I did buy a bunch of tulle in hope of making the skirt really fluffy, but it ended up looking silly so I took it out. You'd never know though.
He is the gorgeous princess in her cute outfit, please excuse the grainy crappy pictures: