Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Blanket

 I had some leftover fabric from the carseat cover so I figured I might as well put it to good use and make her a matching blanket.  I originally decided that I would NEVER make a baby blanket because for one, I already have a bunch, and for another, they are so easy to come by.  I just couldn't resist making it though!  My favorite part is the embroidered heart I put on one of the corners, it makes it so much more personal.  It was really fun and easy to make; I'm glad I have a decent machine that can sew cool stitches.  Making the rest was pretty straightforward, except the gathered ruffles around the edge took FOREVER because I had to do a little bit at a time.  But I am pleased with the way it turned out and I like that it matches her carseat.  Here's a personalized minky blanket with ruffles I found on Etsy--$40 plus $7 shipping.  Since I used leftover fabric, mine was free! :)    






No comments:

Post a Comment